pregnancy

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hey, look, it's almost been a year since I posted anything! Time to post something, no? So, in the last year what has happened? Lots and nothing. Lots of nothing? Fair enough: lots of nothing. No major injuries - until recently - and not much in the way of illness.

In the last year...

We got Logan's eyesight corrected. His left eye was looking outward, so we addressed the issue with surgery. The surgeon over-corrected (easy enough to do when working with some of the smallest muscles on a little person) so it was then looking inward (toward the nose). Now I am glad to say that his eyes face forward, which will improve his vision and reduce unnecessary headaches later in life.

I think I figured out what my doctor has not, but it is okay that she hasn't figured out my issues, because they are relative. Awhile back I noticed that I've felt tired all the time, have no ability to follow through on the notion of doing something, etc... So we tested me for tons of stuff. God, in one trip they took 8 vials of blood from me. I should have napped in the truck afterward (the truck reference'll give you a time frame on that one).  At first she thought AIDs and a tiny, miniature part of me said "sweet government funded life on disability here I come" the rest, and smarter bits of me said "yeah! And shunning! Loads of shunning. God knows how we'd LOVE to be shunned and thought of as one of this century's lepers!" I think the issue is that my testosterone is down. Why would she not know this? When have I ever tested testosterone? She would have no baseline for comparison. In fact, the only ways about it are to address the issue with pills/shots/etc... and see what comes of it, OR sort myself out without medication. I think I will just take the hard road and hope not to drive my family nuts.

We bought a house, the address of which I can send to anyone who wants. Y'know, assuming you have my number to request it.

We got a green cheek conure (bird). She is a mutant, specifically: she has yellow side. I now want to collect "mutant" animals, shave my head, and confine myself to a wheelchair.

We got a kitten from a "pit bull rescue" in a town that starts with D (which, on a local scale, does not narrow it down as much as you'd think). The kittens were being kept in a birdcage outside. From the way this one moved about after we got him home he had not seen much time outside of that cage. He had fleas, among other health issues. When we gave him a flea bath he was drinking the water like it was the first he'd ever seen.

Logan started preschool, which has greatly improved his vocabulary and made him speak out more.

I have started another few projects that I hope to follow through on. One for myself, one for Logan, and a renewal of my fiction work. For the last one, I have a name and a general plot.

Oh and we can't forget the tons of rejection: thus far I have applied for over 300 positions at 90+ different companies with very few interested parties. Even fewer interested parties who weren't either scams, in or incapable of making me an offer that I could actually accept.

But that is just what I can think of over the last year. Maybe this year will be a better one for me actually keeping up with this thing, then one day my Facebook will cease to be the way people come to know what is going on in our lives.

Omega, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment