pregnancy

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lemon Ice a la Amber

3/4-1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
2-4 tbsp of lemon zest
3 1/3 cups sugar
1-2 tbsp of vanilla

put water and sugar in pot on high heat until dissolved and boil for 3-5 minutes
let cool 20-30 minutes
add lemon, lemon zest, and vanilla

pour it all into a shallow container, cover it, and put it in the freezer for about 2 hours
after 2 hours take the contents and put it into a blender and blend until slushy
transfer the slush back into the container and freeze for 2 more hours.
To serve, scrape the top off with a spoon into a bowl.

I haven't finished trying this out, but I will let you all know how it turns out and maybe post a picture of the finished product. I'm going to try and make a lemon-mint version where you let fresh mint leaves (since I have several of them growing wild) sit in the hot syrup while it cools for 20 minutes.

To get enough juice I used 2 medium lemons. Just so you know the original recipe called for only 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice...I LOVE lemons so I'm making mine extra lemony :D

1 comment: