pregnancy

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh so tired

I barely get home from work, take my meds, eat a small something, and crash in bed. I seem to always be exhausted. I wake up after 8 or more hours of sleep, and I'm still tired! This pregnancy things is nuts! I know I'm not that far into it, so I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to change my diet to add more whole wheat and fruit, but I still lack energy. Maybe it's this earache that I've got that's sapping my energy? I grew up with ear infections and swimmers ear what seemed like every other week and I never felt tired from it, but who knows. I'm going to try the library to see if there are any energy boosting recipes I can try to get Zach to help me cook. Luckily we both have the next two days off together.

2 comments:

  1. I'm usually tired, extremely tired, the first 10 weeks or so of pregnancy. Until about 27 weeks I am not nearly as tired, then after that I get progressively more tired. This morning I didn't even want to get out of bed. So when the alarm went off at 8, I turned it off and laid there till 8:40 when I decided I had to get out of bed to make breakfast or let the boys have cold cereal which I don't like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I'm going to get through work... 12 and a half hour shifts on my feet for all but the half hour is all but impossible. I'm looking into transferring into the clinic maybe in March. At least it's a normal 8a-5p shift (in OBGYN no least). BTW I bought ginger snaps at walmart and they seem to work okay. I wanted to make my own, but I can't even muster the energy to make a bowl of cereal. But for now, the ginger in these cookies are working.

    ReplyDelete