pregnancy

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pregnant!!

So I found out I was pregnant yesterday. About 4 and change weeks pregnant. I did two home pregnancy tests to be sure then the docs wanted a blood test. All came back positive. I'm kinda in my own world now. The doc told me my progesterone was in the 12s when it needed to be in the 20s so they have me...let's just say "taking" progesterone pills to raise that. They promised me I only needed them for 6 weeks, so I'm holding them to that.
I kinda lucked out with the metformin I was taking for my PCOS. I had forgotten to take it since December because of all the things that were going on. I read that you can't breast feed if you took/or are taking metformin during pregnancy. Zach feels pretty strongly about breastfeeding, seeing as most of his sisters had done it and he saw the health benefits of it over and over and over again. I've got a long time before I have to think about it, so I'm not going to :P

My cinnamon rolls are done!
Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. Not sure if you're still going to work after the baby is born, but if you do and decide to breastfeed we have a hospital grade pump that you can have. I used it for a week with Alan when he was little trying to pump so others could bottle feed him and decided that it just wasn't worth the effort anymore for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy-I will probably work afterwards until Zach finishes his degree so that pump would be amazing. Thank you so much!

    Jess-Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete