pregnancy

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Way to go DOE!

So the US Department of Energy has approved a HUGE rebate program to get people to buy EnergyStar rated appliances. Each state is given a bit of money (Illinois is getting around 12 million) and the state comes up with their own idea of a "cash for clunkers" rebate. I'm pretty excited about this because I agreed to buy a fridge for my grandma's house. I'll get 15% off the purchase of the fridge and if I can prove I hauled it away to get recycled I can get an extra $100 back. Yay for saving money! The only down side is you have to research "approved" vendors. I have no clue how to do that yet but I'm hoping I can figure it out.

In other news my birthday is in 6 days!!!!! I didn't realize it until today. I'll probably just relax at home and maybe make a special dinner. I've been kinda wanting fish of some sort. Ever since I started working in the Cardiology unit I've been trying to like fish more and use less salt. Pacemakers do not look good after they've been implanted into the body. So far the shared opinion of everyone I've taken care of that has one says they hurt something fierce, too.

Anywho I'm getting reaaaalllly tired...

pEaCe

1 comment:

  1. And I'd hoped you were talking about the F My Life where the lady saw a fawn fall through ice into a lake and tried to help.

    ReplyDelete