pregnancy

Friday, January 22, 2010

The yogurt that never was...

So, I'm at Parkland waiting for Zach to get out of class. It hits me all of the sudden, I am HUNGRY. I go to the cafeteria in search of something and all that I see is sugar or grease packed foods. They've got giant pretzels filled with cream cheese, sausage and pepperoni pizza, bagels (non-whole wheat), sugared cereals (not even cheerios!), egg sandwhiches that I'm not certain that the eggs came from a chicken, bananas that look like they've seen battle with the soggy apples, and many other gross things. Then, I see one solitary vanilla yogurt. I get all excited as I pick it up. For sure I can eat this!!! I check the little cup. Yep, it's all natural and no added sugars. I all but dance towards the line to make my purchase and notice...it's expired. This poor yogurt cup has been expired for weeks, no less.

I give it to the lady and tell her that the yogurt's life has ended. She looks at me like I'm crazy then throws it in the trash.

I walk away... still hungry.

The lesson I learned today: buy some trail mix, beef jerky, or granola to hide in my purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment